Ten fascinating facts about Federer
Roger Federer is considered one of the greatest players of all time. Federer started playing tennis when he only 6 years and never looked back after that.
So, here are 10 interesting facts about the living legend you might not know.
1. The Swiss master has a record of winning of 17 grandslam title (7-Wimbledon, 5-US open,4 Australian open and 1 French open).
2. He is only player to have won the Wimbledon and US open for three consecutive years.
3. Roger Federer in 2003 launched his own fragrances and named his brand RF.
4. His tennis idols are Stefan Edberg and Boris Becker.
5. In 2003, the "Roger Federer foundation" was established to promote sports and education among South African children.
6. His favorite holiday destinations are Dubai, the swiss mountain and Maldives.
7. After winning his first Wimbeldon title,he was gifted a milking cow which he named "Juliette".
8. Federer holds a record for being ranked world number no1 for longest period that is 302 weeks.
9. He is the first swiss man ever to win a Grand slam single title.
10. In 2007, he bacame the first living swiss person ever to be featured on a swiss stamp.