The Middle Eastern Snacker!
Falafel is a Middle Eastern street food that is commonly consumed with sandwich that resembles like bread. It can also be topped on salads or hot sauce and can be served as a snack or a starter in a party.
· Kabuli chana-1 cup (cooked)
· Onion- 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
· Garlic- 2-3 (finely chopped)
· Coriander powder- 1 tsp
· Red chili powder-½ tsp
· Cumin powder-1 tsp
· Pepper powder-½ tsp
· All-purpose flour- 2 tbsp
· Coriander leaves-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
· Lemon juice-½ to 1 tbsp
· Salt as required
· Oil for deep frying
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mash the chickpeas and mix everything well.
3. Form into small or medium sized balls or patties
4. Deep fry in hot oil like the way you would do for pakoras/fritters.
5. Turn over to the other side whilst frying to ensure that the falafels are evenly fried.
6. Drain falafel on kitchen tissues to remove excess oil.
7. Serve falafel hot with pita bread or serve as snack/starter with some sauce.